We are pleased to announce that the conference will host a photo exhibition by Johny Pitts
. Johny Pitts's plenary speech introducing his work, as well as the exhibition itself, will be open to the public free of charge.
Public sessions with the guest writers
The sessions featuring guest writers Jackie Kay, Caryl Phillips and Chika Unigwe will be open to the public free of charge. We do, however, request that external participants (i.e. those who are not part of the conference) sign up for these events by sending an email to email@example.com.
The sessions are currently scheduled as follows:
- Thursday 21 March 2013, 16.30-17.30: Chika Unigwe
- Friday 22 March 2013, 16.30-17.30: Jackie Kay
- Saturday 23 March 2013, 16.30-17.30: Caryl Phillips
Optional dinners will be organized for conference delegates on all three days of the event. Payment will be made in cash only (€) upon arrival at the conference, but participants are asked to let us know in advance (i.e. when filling in the online registration form) whether or not they intend to take part in these events. A vegetarian option will be available in each case; all prices include tea/coffee and a limited number of drinks:
- Conference dinner #1, at a North African restaurant (Thursday 21 March 2013), approx. €25
- Conference dinner #2, at a Belgian restaurant (Friday 22 March 2013), approx. €25
- Conference dinner #3, at a French restaurant (Saturday 23 March 2013), three-course meal, approx. €40